Embracing Toronto's Holiday Delights: A Festive Journey of Scent and Flavor•
Posted on November 20 2023
Dearest candle lovers,
Ah, the holiday season in Toronto is simply magical, isn't it? The city comes alive with twinkling lights and the infectious warmth of bustling markets, creating an enchanting atmosphere that invites us all to revel in the festive cheer. And what better way to celebrate this season than by indulging in delightful scents and flavours that encapsulate the essence of the holidays?
Our holiday candle collection takes us on a sensory journey through these cherished moments. ‘Elf's Hot Cocoa’, with its comforting blend of peppermint and cocoa, evokes memories of cozy nights and sweet treats. Meanwhile, ‘The Wreath’, a fusion of mulled cranberry and cinnamon bark, transports us right into the heart of a lively winter market, with its inviting aroma of festive spices.
Indulgent Recipe: Peppermint Cocoa Truffles
Let us begin our culinary adventure with a recipe inspired by the 'Elf's Hot Cocoa'. These exquisite Peppermint Cocoa Truffles will surely enchant your taste buds and captivate your guests this holiday season.
- 8 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Crushed candy canes for coating
- In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat until it just begins to simmer. Remove from heat and add the chopped dark chocolate. Let it sit for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir the mixture gently until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Add the peppermint extract and mix until well combined.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for about 2 hours until firm.
- Once chilled, scoop out small portions and roll them into balls.
- Roll the truffles in the crushed candy canes for a festive touch.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Heartwarming Recipe: Mulled Cranberry Cinnamon Bread
Now, let’s delve into the aromatic allure of 'The Wreath' with a delightful Mulled Cranberry Cinnamon Bread that will fill your home with the essence of the season.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Zest of 1 orange
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cranberries, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, vegetable oil, eggs, and orange zest.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Let these delightful recipes transport you to a world of aromatic wonder and culinary delight this holiday season. Embrace the scents and flavours of Toronto’s festive spirit as you gather with loved ones and create magical memories that will linger long after the season has passed.
Cheers to a season filled with joy, warmth, and the tantalizing pleasures of the holidays!
The Pinky Swear Team